Only On WUTC
(aired Thu 10/14/21) James McKissic is the president of ArtsBuild, the nonprofit that supports the arts here in Chattanooga and Hamilton County. I spoke with him recently about this tumultuous time for the arts and for artists - and abc@utc.
Hear Our Voices
(aired Tues 10/12/21) A true crime historical tour in the heart of Chattanooga will explore some of the grisly and unfortunate happenings in this city over the past 150 years. The Chattanooga Historical Society - which began as Picnooga - will present the 90-minute walking tour.
Music Made Here
(aired Fri 10/15/21) Richard Winham shares a session by Kentucky singer-songwriter Stoll Vaughan, recorded live downtown at The Chattanooga Public Library.
Stories from NPR
- The FBI searched properties in Washington and New York linked to a Russian oligarch
- Complaints about spam texts were up 146% last year. Now, the FCC wants to take action
- This floppy 13-year-old pug can tell you what kind of day you're going to have
- The National Park Service could soon have its first Native American director
- What we know about the 17 missionaries kidnapped in Haiti by a notorious gang
- With clock ticking, Biden meets with progressives and moderates to secure his agenda
- New York City will exile Thomas Jefferson's statue from a prominent spot in city hall
- A woman takes a lead role in Confucian ceremonies, breaking a new path in South Korea
- Canada's Trudeau apologizes for skipping remembrance for Indigenous school victims
- Kanye West is now officially 'Ye'